Apple & Custard Pasty provides a delightful dessert experience. It’s a treat that combines the light and flaky puff pastry with the fruity freshness of apples and the smooth creaminess of custard. The result is a comforting and slightly sweet pastry that is sure to please anyone with a love for delightful desserts.
For the filling we stewed Bramley apples. Their tartness cut through sweetness of custard. Bramley apples still keep some of their bite when cooked and this crispiness pairs beautifully with smooth velvety texture of custard. The custard adds a luxurious and indulgent element to the pasty, creating a rich and decadent experience.
The puff pastry shell provides a light and flaky texture, with layers of pastry that shatter upon each bite. It offers a delicate taste that complements the sweetness of the filling.
When combined, the flavours of the apple and custard mix together harmoniously. The sweetness of the custard complements the tartness of the apples, creating a balanced and satisfying taste. Each bite offers a contrast of textures, with the crispness of the pastry, the tender apples, and the creamy custard all coming together.
Each pasty is generously filled by hand and them carefully crimped with great attention to detail.
We bake our pasties to golden perfection so they are ready to eat when they arrive to you.
Our Apple & Custard Pasties are made fresh to order and will be delivered to your door chilled in a temperature controlled packaging.
Apples (38.1%) (Contains Water, Firming Agent, Calcium Chloride). Wheat Flour (Contains Calcium, Iron, Niacin & Thiamine), Custard (14.29%) (Skimmed Milk, Rehydrated Buttermilk (Milk) Powder, Sugar, Modified Maize Starch, Palm Oil, Rehydrated Whey (Milk) Powder, Flavouring, Colours (Curcumin, Annatto Norbixin)), Water, Margarine (Vegetable Fat (Palm Oil, Rapeseed Oil), Water, Salt, Emulsifiers (Mono and Diglycerides of Fatty Acid), Colour (Annatto, Curcumin)), Egg, Improver (Wheat Flour (Contains Calcium, Iron, Niacin, Thiamine), E920), Salt.
Allergen advice. For allergens, see ingredients in bold.
Keep refrigerated, below 5°C.
Suitable for home freezing. Freeze within use by date and use within 6 months. Thaw thoroughly before heating. Once defrosted do not re-freeze.
Ready to Eat or may be heated.
To heat: Remove packaging. Preheat oven to 200°C/Gas mark 6. Heat for 20 mins or until piping hot.
- All our products are baked fresh to order. We do not bake at the weekend.
- We aim to produce all the products within 3-5 working days from the date of your order but at busy times this may take a little longer.
- If you place an order, for example on Friday, the earliest we can get your delivery to you will be Thursday.
- You’ll receive an email confirmation from us when you place an order. PLEASE CHECK THAT ALL THE DETAILS ARE CORRECT INCLUDING THE DELIVERY ADDRESS. If there is anything wrong please contact us immediately.
- If you have ordered more than one box of pies, please be aware that they could be dispatched separately.
- Our products are labelled with a ‘Use By Date’ and can be frozen for up to six months.
- Our products are delivered chilled. They are delivered in insulated boxes with ice packs to keep the products cool.
- You will need to place the products in a fridge on arrival before the end of the day.
- It is important that you be available to take delivery of your order. We can not accept any responsibility for orders that are delayed due to you not being available for delivery or incorrect delivery instructions.
- Your order will be delivered by DPD (Next Day Delivery). You will receive a notification from us and DPD when your order is dispatched.
- If you are not at home when your order is delivered, the driver will leave the parcel by your front door.
- If you are not at home, you can give instructions as to where the order may be left in. This can be a ‘safe place’ or a neighbour. Please follow a link in DPD email to leave instruction.
- Directions for non-numbered houses and difficult to find addresses will help with delivery. Please follow a link in DPD email to leave instruction.
- Do log on to the DPD app or website to track your order and provide any necessary information.
- We do use a courier for delivery. If they are unable to deliver to you, or must deliver late, for reasons beyond our control, for example adverse weather conditions, strike actions, vehicle breakdown, traffic congestion or supplier failure, we cannot accept liability for any inconvenience or loss that this causes.